Sonic the Hedgehog is a 2020 action-adventure comedy film based on the video game series published by Sega. Directed by Jeff Fowler (in his feature directorial debut) and written by Pat Casey and Josh Miller, it stars Ben Schwartz as the voice of the title character, alongside James Marsden, Tika Sumpter, and Jim Carrey. The film follows Sonic (voiced by Schwartz), a blue hedgehog who can run supersonic speeds, teams up with a town sheriff, Tom Wachowski (Marsden), to stop the mad scientist Dr. Robotnik (Carrey).
Sonic the Hedgehog – Trailer
The world needed a hero — it got a hedgehog. Powered with incredible speed, Sonic embraces his new home on Earth — until he accidentally knocks out the power grid, sparking the attention of uncool evil genius Dr. Robotnik. Now, it’s supervillain vs. supersonic in an all-out race across the globe to stop Robotnik from using Sonic’s unique power to achieve world domination.
Rating: PG (Brief Mild Language|Action|Rude Humor|Some Violence)
Genre: Comedy, Adventure, Fantasy
Original Language: English
Director: Jeff Fowler
Producer: Neal H. Moritz, Toby Ascher, Toru Nakahara, Takeshi Ito
Writer: Pat Casey, Worm Miller
Release Date (Theaters): Feb 14, 2020 Wide
Release Date (Streaming): Mar 31, 2020
Box Office (Gross USA): $146.7M
Runtime: 1h 40m
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Sound Mix: DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos
Aspect Ratio: Scope (2.35:1)
- Ben Schwartz as Sonic the Hedgehog
- Donna J. Fulks as Longclaw
- Colleen O’Shaughnessey as Miles “Tails” Prower
- Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik
- James Marsden as Thomas “Tom” Michael Wachowski
- Tika Sumpter as Maddie Wachowski
- Natasha Rothwell as Rachel
- Adam Pally as Wade Whipple
- Neal McDonough as Major Bennington
- Lee Majdoub as Agent Stone
- Melody Nosipho Niemann as Jojo
- Tom Butler as Commander Walters
- Frank C. Turner as Crazy Carl
- Elfina Luk as the Secretary of Homeland Security.
- Garry Chalk as the U.S. Navy Chief of Staff.
- Michael Hogan as the Air Force Chief of Staff.