Zombieland: Double Tap is a 2019 American post-apocalyptic zombie comedy film directed by Ruben Fleischer and written by Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, and David Callaham. A sequel to Zombieland (2009), it stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin, and Emma Stone reprising their roles from the first film, alongside new cast members, Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, Avan Jogia, Luke Wilson, and Thomas Middleditch.
Talk of a Zombieland sequel began before the release of the first installment, with Reese and Wernick suggesting ideas and the cast voicing their desire to make a second film. By 2017, a script had been written, the cast was on board, and the film was confirmed in July 2018 by Sony Pictures. The four main stars and Fleischer all signed on that month, while additional cast members, including Dawson and Wilson, joined in early 2019. Filming took place from January to March 2019.
Zombieland: Double Tap – Trailer
Ten years after their adventure at Zombieland, survivors Tallahassee, Columbus, Wichita and Little Rock embark on a mission to slay evolved zombies while struggling with their emotional battles.
Release date: 18 October 2019 (Nigeria)
Director: Ruben Fleischer
Box office: 122.8 million USD
Music by: David Sardy
Distributed by: Sony Pictures Releasing
Production companies: Columbia Pictures; 2.0 Entertainment; Pariah
- Woody Harrelson as Tallahassee, Columbus’ trusted partner
- Jesse Eisenberg as Columbus, who survives thanks to a strict set of rules
- Emma Stone as Wichita, a hardened survivor who is reluctant to settle down with Columbus
- Abigail Breslin as Little Rock, Wichita’s rebellious younger sister
- Rosario Dawson as Nevada, owner of an Elvis-themed motel
- Zoey Deutch as Madison, a dumb blonde
- Luke Wilson as Albuquerque, Flagstaff’s partner whose personality mirrors Tallahassee
- Avan Jogia as Berkeley, a pacifist, whom Little Rock picks up
- Thomas Middleditch as Flagstaff