Do you want to learn how to apply for a scholarship to study abroad? We can assist! Our thorough guide covers everything, from what types of overseas scholarships are available to how to apply for one.
With rising undergraduate education prices, strikes, and many other issues. The truth is that financing is available for students from all walks of life to study abroad. You’re not alone, believe it or not! Studying abroad might be costly, but thankfully, there are methods to reduce the costs.
Whatever you want to study, you’ll find scholarships to help make your study abroad dreams come true! Consider the following general scholarships available to students planning to study abroad.
University of Dayton 2023 Merit Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
The Institution of Dayton (UD) is an Ohio-based private Catholic research university. It is the second-largest private university in Ohio. The campus of the institution is located on the city’s southern outskirts and comprises 388 acres on both banks of the Great Miami River. The Immaculate Conception Chapel and the University of Dayton Arena are highlights of the campus.
- International students can apply.
- Candidates must be freshmen or transfer students.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent qualification is required for applicants.
- Applicants must be prepared to begin a full-time degree program.
- Applicants must provide proof of English competence.
May 31, 2023
Roothbert Fund Scholarships USA
The Fund has given grants to persons working in a range of fields. Individuals who can fulfill high scholastic qualifications and are interested in teaching vocations will be given preference.
All candidates in the United States are eligible for Roothbert Fund scholarships, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, or religious affiliation. While the Fund does not advocate for any particular religious practice or devotion, it does make an effort to support people who are motivated by spiritual ideals. The Fund has offered grants to persons starting a range of careers, with preference given to those with outstanding academic achievements who are interested in teaching employment. Applicants are invited to learn about the history and mission of our organization.
- Applicants must be currently or intend to be residents of the United States.
- The candidate must be enrolled in graduate or undergraduate studies at an authorized college or university in the United States.
Grants are typical $5,000 to $7,000 and may be renewed for subsequent years.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
This scholarship provides an opportunity for foreign students to experience America. At the same time, to contribute significantly to making the world a better place through the law, economics, peacekeeping, and many others. The program allows interaction with a wide berth of individuals and qualified professionals. Applicants are encouraged to be fully fleshed and highly effective in their applications.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens or nationals, or permanent residents with a valid passport issued by the Nigerian government.
- Applicants must be Doctorate OR Ph.D. students who have completed a major portion of their doctoral program in Nigerian institutions and have their home institution’s accreditation.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record as well as a good level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be highly motivated and committed to completing the program on time and returning home.
- Only applicants who submit persuasive papers explaining their research aims, methods, time, and reasons for doing the research in the United States will be considered for interviews.
June 1, 2023
The grant covers the grantee’s round-trip airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, a monthly stipend, a housing allowance, a books-and-supplies allowance, and a computer allowance. The grant also covers basic university health insurance as primary insurance coverage and the Fulbright ASPE health benefit as secondary coverage.
University of Findlay 2023 International Scholar Award
Why should you pursue a degree at the University of Findlay? The University of Findlay’s aim is to equip students for meaningful lives and prosperous professions. It is committed to providing a high-quality education to all students, and the institution thinks individual attention is critical to students’ development.
- International students must apply.
- Students who have been accepted into an undergraduate degree program.
- The grant is open to undergraduate students enrolled in a variety of courses at the University.
- Other aspects will be considered, such as community service, leadership abilities, and drive levels.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in the Honours program during the semester in which the grant is offered.
- Outstanding personal success abilities (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A transcript from high school and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also requires a certified translation)
How to Get Scholarships in the USA from Nigeria?
International students are expected to support themselves for at least one year of school at universities and colleges in the United States. They can sustain themselves in four ways.
- Apply for private scholarships.
- Through government funding.
- Apply for college scholarships or sponsorships.
Documents needed to apply for scholarships to study in the United States
- Copies of academic grades (GPA)
- standardized test results (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT score)
- Passport/Photo ID (Aadhar card in certain cases)
- Proof of language proficiency (IELTS, or TOEFL exam score)
- Motivation letter/Purpose Statement
- Letter of recommendation
Here are four characteristics that practically every scholarship committee looks for:
- A Cohesive Narrative
- Strong level of self-awareness.
- Volunteer Work.
Our scholarship listings can change your life if you apply to them. The way to get the best from all of these is to give your best pitch and apply to as many as possible. Making extensive research is the foundation of the scholarship application. You can find a lot of things and discover opportunities you had never considered before.
If you satisfy all the conditions and carefully follow the application procedure, these study-abroad scholarships could change your life.