Canada is a great place to work, especially if you are looking for seasonal farm worker jobs. Seasonal farm workers can find work in many different industries from berries to vineyards. The Canadian government offers visa sponsorship programs for foreign nationals who want to come over temporarily and work on Canadian farms or in agriculture-related businesses. This guide will help you find out more about working as a seasonal farm worker in Canada with visa sponsorship:
Seasonal Farm Worker
A seasonal farm worker is a person who works on farms during the peak harvest season, usually between June and October. Seasonal workers are often called “harvest helpers” or “graziers.”
To qualify as a seasonal farm worker, you must have at least 48 months of Canadian work experience and have applied for permanent residency in Canada under one of the following programs:
- The Employer-Provided Sponsorship (EPS) Program
- The Federal Skilled Worker Class program
Berry farms are a great way to make money and learn about agriculture. Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in working on one:
- Berry farms grow berries, such as blueberries and blackberries. They also produce other crops like apples and pears.
- The amount of crops grown depends on the type of farm; some grow more than others!
- You can work as a seasonal employee or full-time staff member at most berry farms. If you decide to become an employee, it will probably be for 12 months out of every year unless there’s something wrong with your visa application process or another reason why they might not want/need someone full-time (like if they’ve already hired someone). It all depends on how much time each person needs during their stay here in Canada! If possible though—especially for those who have just arrived here—it’s always better off having shorter stints until things settle down into place better because otherwise then there’ll always be more stress involved which could lead back into problems later down the road so try to avoid this if possible rather than just stay longer right away after arriving at destination country first time around.”
Setters are responsible for the installation and maintenance of landscaping. They install irrigation systems, sprinklers and lights, trees, shrubs, and plants. Setters clean up debris from pruning trees and shrubs and mow lawns.
Assistant Manager, Landscape Maintenance
The Assistant Manager, Landscape Maintenance job description is below:
- Assist with all aspects of landscape maintenance.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as trimming trees, mowing lawns and shrubbery, edging flower beds, and more.
- Maintain a clean working environment by following company policies and procedures.
General Labourer (Outdoor Work)
General labourers are required to be 18 years or older, have a valid work permit, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. They must also be able to work in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold. In addition, general labourers must be able to operate machinery safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Crop Supervisor – Berries
- Supervise the work of other workers.
- Manage the harvest.
- Manage the berry picking process, including scheduling and monitoring pickers, assigning tasks to workers and making sure they are doing their job correctly, etc.
- Work with contractors to ensure that they are doing their job properly as well (for example: cleaning up after themselves). This is important because if you have a contractor who will not clean up after themselves or doesn’t meet your expectations then this could cause problems down the road when it comes time for you or another person in your position (such as a supervisor) to manage these issues yourself without having any extra resources available at hand like those found within an agricultural field management team where everyone works together harmoniously towards a common goal which helps keep things running smoothly throughout all stages of production from planting seeds through harvesting berries.”
A vineyard worker is responsible for the maintenance of a vineyard, including pruning and training vines, harvesting grapes, and spraying pesticides. They also perform other duties such as monitoring irrigation systems and managing risk management plans to ensure that they are working safely.
Vineyard workers must have at least one year of experience working in agriculture before applying for this visa sponsorship program. The minimum wage required by law varies depending on geographic region; however, it is generally around $10 per hour or more per day depending on your experience level (and sometimes even more!)
Nursery Worker – Planting and caring for flowers, shrubs, and trees.
You will be working in a nursery setting where you will be responsible for planting and caring for plants such as roses, tulips, or other flowering shrubs. You will need to know how to plant seeds into the ground; transplant young seedlings into larger pots; prune branches off when they get too long; water plants daily with a sprinkler system or hand water them when it rains (you can also use an irrigation system if your employer has one). You should also know how best to care for existing plants so they grow properly in their new environment.
It is possible to find farm worker jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship
The first step to finding a farm worker job in Canada with a visa sponsorship is to determine if the companies that you are interested in working for have requirements that allow you to work under a visa sponsorship. If so, it will be necessary for you to get your own work permit and meet all the requirements of that program before applying for a job with them.
There are many different types of visas available when considering becoming an agricultural worker in Canada; however, most employers require their employees to have either an LMO or Migrant Worker Program (MWP) endorsement from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). These types of endorsements enable foreign nationals who qualify under certain criteria such as age limits and education levels etc., but cannot yet apply for permanent residency status through naturalization programs within this country due simply because there isn’t enough time left on their temporary visas before they expire.”
If you are willing to work hard and make the most of your opportunities, then you can be successful in this job market.