The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship in Canada is accepting application for this academic year. The Foundation Scholarship is a fully funded program created to support both domestic and international students seeking higher education in Canada. These scholarships aim to recognize brilliant international students and address their financial challenges so they can excel in their desired academic field while they study in Canada. And also a beacon of hope for talented individuals who aspire to make a positive impact on society through research and leadership. We will explore the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships Overview
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships, named in honor of the former Prime Minister of Canada, aim to identify and support outstanding doctoral students who have a passion for research and the potential to address complex social issues. The foundation’s mission is to empower scholars to become engaged leaders, committed to driving positive change in their communities and beyond.
Level of Study: Doctoral
University of Study: Numerous Universities in Canada
Application Deadline: February 5, 2024
Benefits of Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships
- Financial Support: The scholarships provide generous financial up to $40,000 per annum for three years to cover tuition, living expenses support, and research-related costs, allowing scholars to focus on their studies and research.
- Leadership Development: The foundation offers a leadership program designed to empower scholars with the skills and knowledge needed to become effective leaders and change-makers.
- Mentorship and Networking: Scholars have the opportunity to engage with established leaders, academics, and peers, fostering valuable mentorship and networking relationships.
- Research Opportunities: The scholarships provide the resources and opportunities for scholars to pursue groundbreaking research that addresses pressing social issues.
To be considered for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships, candidates must meet certain eligibility criteria, which may include:
- You must be registered or already accepted into or in year one or two (beginning year three in September 2024 or later) of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to complete your doctoral studies in 2027 or later.
- Your field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada; (please refer to the FAQ for more details and read up on past scholarship recipients)
- Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment.
- Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
The application process for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships is comprehensive and highly competitive, involving several stages:
- Create a profile on the application portal of the Foundation.
- Generate an application for the 2024 Scholarship Competition after completing registration;
- Provide the contact details for the referees.
- transcribes online; and
- Before the deadline, fill out the application completely and submit it.
Apply Now: Visit Scholarship Official website
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships are more than just financial awards; they represent an investment in the potential of talented individuals to address complex societal challenges. If you are a dedicated student or researcher looking to pursue a doctoral degree while making a significant impact on society, exploring the opportunities offered by the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships is a promising step. These scholarships can be a life-changing catalyst for your academic and personal growth, empowering you to become an engaged leader committed to making a positive and lasting impact on your community and the world.