Zinedine Zidane is a former football player who played for Real Madrid and Juventus. He also managed the former over two largely successful spells. He was a fantastic footballer possessing incredible skills and techniques. Zidane won the World Cup with the French National Team as a player and led Real Madrid to three consecutive UEFA Champions Leagues titles as a manager.
Zinedine was not born into a sporting family, neither is he from a rich family. His parents were immigrants from Algeria who wanted to find a better life in France. Zidane was born and raised in France in the hard neighborhood of La Castellane in Marseille. Today Zinedine Zidane is one of the most successful people in football and has amassed some fortune as well having had a stellar playing career, as well as managing a top club like Real Madrid. For now, we can’t see him play in the field to score a goal or to make a beautiful assist, but we still saw him as one of the best football managers in the world.
We can learn a lot from him. As a football fan, you can learn to play as he did, and non-football fans can learn his philosophy. One of the finest ways to learn about Zidane’s lifestyle and philosophy is through his quotes. So here are some of his famous quotes:
Famous Zinedine Zidane Quotes
- “Sometimes words are harder than blows.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “I was lucky to come from a difficult area. It teaches you not just about football but also about life.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “It was my father who taught us that an immigrant must work twice as hard as anybody else, that he must never give up.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “It will be a physical encounter but we must not respond in kind.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “I once cried because I had no shoes to play soccer, but one day, I met a man who had no feet.” Zizou.
- “Everything I have achieved in football is due to playing football in the streets with my friends.” Zizou.
- “I reached this level by sheer dint of hard work, toiling away at scores of tricks and experiments. I used to play with the ball from dawn till dusk and just kept practicing. If I wasn’t playing matches, it was trying out one on one or two against two with a tennis ball. Then I used to try aiming at certain targets. That’s the only way to learn. And if I missed the target, I kept trying until I scored.” Zizou.
- “You can’t get bored of winning. You can win 10 games in a row but you keep the same will to snatch the 11th. You always need more.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “I have a need to play intensely every day, to fight every match hard.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “It doesn’t matter how many times you win an award, it is always very special.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “I have won many awards and I am very happy about this, but I am not the best player in the world.” Zizou.
- “I am proud of where I come from and never forget the people I grew up with. Wherever I go, La Castellane is where I want to go back to.” Zinedine Zidane.
- “Music was important, Football was the easy part.” Zinedine Zidane.