Does the United States of America offer fully funded scholarships for international students? In this comprehensive post, we unveil the top 10 fully-funded scholarships for international students in the USA, opening doors to limitless educational opportunities. The United States of America is one of the most popular destinations for international students looking to pursue higher education. However, the cost of tuition and living expenses can be a significant barrier for many students. Fortunately, there are many fully-funded scholarships available in the USA to help outweigh the cost of studying.
Here are the top fully funded scholarships in the USA
1. Fulbright Scholarships
The Fulbright Scholarship Program is one of the most prestigious scholarship programs in the world. It provides fully-funded opportunities for international students to pursue graduate studies, research, or teaching in the USA. The scholarship provides tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
The deadlines for selection and program eligibility vary greatly between nations. To learn more about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility conditions and application procedures, please visit the link below.
2. Rotary Peace Fellowship
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is a fully funded scholarship that is awarded to outstanding students who are committed to promoting peace and conflict resolution. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses.
- Have three years of related work experience in the master’s program
- Be proficient in English
- Have a bachelor’s degree (Master’s candidates must provide a copy of their transcripts.).
- Demonstrate leadership skills
Deadline: May 2023.
3. Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Nestled within Stanford University, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program empowers future leaders to address complex challenges. This fully funded scholarship covers tuition, stipends, and travel expenses. Scholars receive interdisciplinary education, mentorship, and leadership development to enact positive change in their respective fields.
- Candidates applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS), must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program.
- Candidates must have earned a degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing.
Deadline: October 2023.
4. Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Targeting mid-career professionals from developing countries, the Humphrey Fellowship Program offers a year of non-degree graduate study, leadership development, and practical experiences. Fully funded by the U.S. Department of State, the program equips fellows with skills to drive change in their home countries.
- Applicants can be undergraduates.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- A record of public service in the community.
- English language proficiency.
Deadline: September 2023.
5. University of Memphis Scholarship
The University of Memphis is a fully funded scholarship that offers a variety of scholarships to help students fund their education. These scholarships are available to both domestic and international students, and are based on academic merit, financial need, and other criteria.
- English is the required language.
- Applicable to candidates all over the world
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Candidates must show excellent professional and academic track record.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative).
Deadline: October 2023.
6. Yale University Scholarship
Yale University is one of the most prestigious universities in the world, and it offers a variety of fully funded scholarships to help students fund their education. These scholarships are available to both domestic and international students, are awarded to students based on financial need, and cover the full cost of attendance, including tuition, room and board, and other expenses.
- English is the preferred language
- To be considered for this opportunity, applicants are required to submit a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader.
- International students are eligible to apply
Deadline: October 2023.
7. University of Minnesota Fellowship
The University of Minnesota provides fully-funded scholarships for both domestic and international students to help them excel in their chosen fields of study. These scholarships are prestigious and are intended for exceptional students who have demonstrated a strong academic record, leadership potential, and a commitment to making a positive impact in their chosen fields.
- Applicants must have basic knowledge of English Language.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record.
- Applicants should have interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities, community work, entrepreneurial initiative).
- International candidates are free to apply.
Deadline: December 2023.
8. Harvard Radcliffe Fellowship
The prestigious Harvard Radcliffe Fellowship in the United States is currently accepting applications. This fully-funded fellowship is available to exceptional individuals who excel in various fields, including writing, scholarship, science, practice, public intellect, and the arts. The Radcliffe Fellowship program is an exceptional initiative that accepts 50 fellows annually and provides them with numerous opportunities to advance in their respective areas of expertise. By encouraging global perspectives and promoting innovative ideas, the Harvard research fellowship offered by the Radcliffe Institute empowers fellows to confront urgent global challenges and connect with audiences outside of academia.
- The fellowship is open to applicants of any nationality from around the world.
- Applicants must have a strong academic record, demonstrating high scores or accomplishments in their respective fields.
- Applicants should possess independent research and writing skills, showcasing their ability to conduct original research and effectively communicate their ideas.
- Applicants who have previously been awarded a fellowship at Harvard are not eligible to apply for the Radcliffe Institute Fellowship.
Deadline: October 2023.
9. Atlas Corps Fellowship Program
The Atlas Corps Fellowship Program in the USA is currently accepting applications, offering young international candidates a fully funded opportunity. The fellowship, which lasts for 12 to 18 months, aims to promote the mission and vision of the Atlas Corps while fostering international peace and prosperity. Participants will have the chance to learn about diverse global social issues and can focus on areas such as Business Development, Data Analysis, Engineering, and Marketing. This paid international fellowship includes both physical and virtual components.
- Applications can be submitted by individuals from any country.
- The age range for applicants is between 23 and 35 years.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of two years of work experience is a mandatory requirement.
Deadline: July 2023.
10. Jack Kent Cooke College Foundation College Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship is an all-encompassing program designed solely for American students. It offers full financial coverage of up to $55,000 yearly, in addition to crucial college planning assistance, ongoing guidance, and the special chance to interact with the broad Cooke Scholar community.
This is a scholarship program designed for financially challenged high school seniors who have excelled academically and are looking to pursue higher education at the most renowned four-year colleges and universities in the country. It is the most extensive scholarship program available for undergraduate studies, providing financial support, as well as comprehensive academic guidance, cohort-based programs, and funding for graduate school.
- English is the preferred language.
- Plan to graduate from high school in spring before the application month.
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college.
- Earn a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Demonstrate unmet financial needs.
Deadline: November 2023.
Scholarships can provide you with the financial support you need to achieve your academic goals in the USA. With hard work and dedication, you can make your dreams of studying in the USA a reality.