The University of Waterloo is accepting applications for this academic year. Waterloo University is a renowned institution located in Ontario, Canada, that offers a variety of academic programs for students from around the world. One of the most notable opportunities for international students is the University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards. These awards are designed to provide financial support to exceptional graduate students who wish to pursue their studies in Canada.
The University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards are highly competitive and are awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, research potential, and leadership skills. The awards cover tuition fees and provide a generous stipend to help students with their living expenses. This support allows students to focus on their studies and research without the added burden of financial stress.
Country of Study: Canada
Institution: University of Waterloo
Level of Study: Masters & Doctoral
Field of Study: Open to any program
Application Deadline: Varies with the chosen program
To be considered for the University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be an international student with a valid study permit
- Must have a minimum of A- average (80% or equivalent) in their previous academic studies
- Must be applying for a full-time Master’s or Doctoral program at the University of Waterloo
- Must not have already received a scholarship or award that pays for tuition fees from the University of Waterloo
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the application requirements and submit a complete and well-written application that highlights their strengths and achievements.
The University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards provide financial support to international students pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at the University of Waterloo. The award amount varies depending on the program and the level of study. The following outline below provides a summary of the award amounts:
Masters $2,500 – $5,000 per term
Doctoral $5,000 – $10,000 per term
To be eligible for the award, students must meet the academic requirements of their program and demonstrate financial need. Students must also be registered full-time and maintain a minimum average of 80% in their previous academic term.
To apply for the University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- Statement of Purpose outlining the applicant’s academic and career goals
- Three letters of reference from academic referees
- English language proficiency test scores (if applicable)
It is important to note that all documents must be submitted in English or accompanied by a certified English translation.
Apply Now: Visit Scholarship Official Website
- The application for the University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards can be completed online through the university’s website. Applicants will need to create an account and upload all required documents in the designated sections.
- Once the application is submitted, applicants will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to track the status of their application. It is important to ensure that all required documents are submitted before the application deadline.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact the university’s admissions office if they have any questions or concerns about the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some common questions that international students may have regarding the University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards:
What is the University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards?
The University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards is a scholarship program that provides financial support to international students who wish to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree at the University of Waterloo.
Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
International students who have been admitted to a Master’s or Doctoral program at the University of Waterloo are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Applicants must also demonstrate academic excellence and have a minimum overall average of 80% in their previous studies.
What is the value of the scholarship?
The scholarship provides full tuition and fees for up to four years for Doctoral students and up to two years for Master’s students. In addition, students may also receive a living allowance of up to $20,000 per year.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
To apply for the scholarship, students must complete an online application form and submit all required documents by the deadline. The application deadline varies depending on the program and the level of study.
When will I know if I have been awarded the scholarship?
Successful applicants will be notified of their award by email within four to six weeks of the application deadline.